It’s only 12 days into 2012…this post is still entirely appropriate and I’ll have no heckling from the peanut-gallery about my timing.
We ordered take-out Chinese food for New Year’s Eve. Mostly because we’re incredibly boring, but also because I’m lazy and frankly, I was just cooked-out from Christmas. Also, the Hubs loves Chinese food and it’s not always at the top of my list of desirable food options so when I say it sounds good, he jumps at the chance to eat it. This was the fortune contained in my fortune cookie. I don’t actually believe in these things, but given how I’m hoping 2012 will go, I thought it was kind of cool and slightly coincidental. Hubs still hasn’t cracked his open, I’m dying to know what his says!
In other news, we have a lot going on around here. 2012 certainly started with the rubber meeting the road so to speak. Here’s what’s currently taking up space on my plate:
1) Operation We’re About to Have 2 Kids So We Better Get Started on Bedrooms is in full swing. We’re moving A into our former guest room and keeping the nursery for Baby C (I’m changing out bedding and stuff, but the wall color and furniture will stay the same). The guest room has also been used as storage for the past 6ish years…there’s a lot to go through, throw away, organize and store. The room is painted and furniture has been moved into place so things are moving along, but not complete yet. Hubs took A to school today and my mother in law is picking her up so that gives me ALL DAY to
sleep shop go through random boxes in the closet.
2) Hubs got me Photoshop Elements for Christmas. I installed it yesterday. I was immediately reminded I’m not nearly as smart as I thought I was. It’s a total beast (since I’ve never owned any editing software) and will require me to actually read the instructions. Sigh.
3) A’s 3rd birthday is next month. I booked her party yesterday. I’ll be 37 weeks pregnant. I’ve since spent more time deciding on invitations than I did deciding on party details. If I were a betting woman, I’d put money on the possibility I end up sending out e-vites instead of paper invitations.
4) I think the Hubs and I are meeting for lunch to look at gliders. This trip is entirely impossible with A in tow. We’ve tried. Before A was born we were given a beautiful rocker from his grandmother…a family heirloom…it was used to rock the Hubs when he was a baby while his parents visited his grandmother. I used it to nurse/rock A for 12+ months and I discovered one thing. This rocker is really good at being a beautiful family heirloom. It’s very possibly the most uncomfortable rocker ever and the back isn’t tall enough for me to lay my head back and sleep. I spent hours, and hours, and hours in that rocker. My ass has never been the same. My mother in law, somehow, was able to avert the rocker when Hubs was born. In fact, I think she kind of hates the thing. My in-laws have graciously offered to buy me a new glider (they wanted to purchase something substantial for Baby C). Yesterday she basically begged me to go look and pick one out. So, hopefully I’ll find something today and the current rocker can move into the den and be gazed up for what it is…a beautiful family heirloom.
5) And OMG…my mother called yesterday and, I KID YOU NOT, asked me (in a round-about-way) if I’d be in labor on March 3rd. She was serious too. For the record, neither my sister nor I are adopted. She’s given birth. Twice. She’d been asked to do something that day, all day, and wasn’t sure “what I’d be doing that day.” “Yes, mother, I’ve been visited by and angel of the Lord and as it turns out, I WILL be in labor on March 3rd.” :::eyeroll::: :::facepalm::: :::headdesk:::
6) I’m off to organize. Unfortunately for all our stuff, I’m not in a sentimental mood today. Hubs mentioned last night that I might be entering the nesting phase. Yep, I think that just about sums it up.